Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Getting a Handle on the Dustpans of Life...Just Kidding

I really enjoy sweeping the kitchen floor. It's rewarding to glide the broom across the linoleum and make a little pile of previously unseen dust and crumbs. My bare feet are so happy when the floor is clean.

But I hate the part when you sweep the little pile into the dustpan.

I sweep it in, but when I move the dustpan there is always a little line of dust that didn't make it. So I reposition the dustpan and sweep again...but there is another little line of residue that can't make it over the ledge. I chase that little pile all over the kitchen floor but I just can never really get it all. If I try to skip the dustpan and just sweep it out the back door, the little ledge at the bottom of the door frame stops me.

Sweeping the floor may be one of the most anticlimactic experiences in my life.

At this point I am not going to try to draw a spiritual truth from that story. Maybe someday. But for now, I just wanted to get it off my chest.

Happy Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment